[Geany-devel] geany-plugins-0.17 released

Chow Loong Jin hyperair at xxxxx
Fri Jul 17 04:04:35 UTC 2009

On Friday 17,July,2009 09:06 AM, Lex Trotman wrote:
> Hi Chow,
>
> I have reported this previously (see [geany-plugins-Bugs-2783412])
> when Enrico and I decided that we didn't know enough autotools to fix
> it quickly, but now that your expertise is available maybe you can fix
> it.
>
> Basically the plugins cannot be used with a version of geany that is
> installed in any directory other than the standard, if there is also a
> version installed in the standard location.  ie geany configured with
> --prefix=somewhere is fine but geany-plugins configured with
> --prefix=somewhere still goes to /usr/lib and /usr/include instead of
> somewhere/lib & somewhere/include.
I don't think geany-plugins has any include files does it? Or are you
talking about geany? Either way, geany-plugins installs its own files
into the prefix given by --prefix, but installs the actual plugins into
the Geany plugins directory (Geany's prefix/lib) given by pkg-config.
The reason this is done is because Geany wouldn't be able to find the
plugin to load otherwise.

> This means that new versions can't be tested while there is still a
> system installed version.
>
> Essentially the plugins builder should respect --prefix if present
> otherwise use pkg-config to find the installed version.
How about a --with-geany-pluginsdir=PATH argument instead? I think
--prefix serves a rather different purpose.

--
Kind regards,
Chow Loong Jin