[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jul 16 17:14:29 UTC 2009

On Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:50:09 +1000, Lex wrote:

>2009/7/13 Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com>
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:25:33 +1000
>> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > - Very limited testing so far (C/C++ filetypes only)
>>
>> OK. Did some testing with haxe files now.
>>
>> The "build"-button in the toolbar doesn't seem to work correctly. By
>> default it is disabled for haxe files. Adding a "_Build" command
>> under "Haxe source file commands" enables the button,
>

>See comment below, looks like special handling is needed for build
>toolbutton.
>

>> but clicking on it runs
>> the command for "_Compile". Also the "Compile"-entry is missing in
>> the dropdown menu called from the button.
>>

>I havn't actually done anything with the toolbar code except point the
>activate at the new menu items (tool buttons mostly work by activating
>the respective menu item).  I wasn't aware of the dropdown since I
>don't use the build toolbar item (I use the F9 key).  Its not
>surprising then that it doesn't work right and I'm surprised it works
>at all.
>
> I had a look at the code and I can't find where that submenu is
> created,
>can someone please provide guidance??

The submenu is created in src/toolbar.c, it's an instance of
geanymenubuttonaction.c.
It depends when you re-created the branch, there were some
changes/fixes to this recently (maybe two or three weeks ago, when I
added the toolbar editor) to that code.
So, maybe a sync with trunk is helpful.
Otherwise, tell me exactly what's the problem, then I'll have a look.

Btw, current SVN crashes in src/build.c:1549. The free() on labeltxt is
wrong because labeltxt isn't allocated nor initialised before, i guess
just a typo :).