[Geany-devel] Directories for running build commands & latest build-system commit

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Wed Jul 15 07:01:43 UTC 2009

> Ah, I see you begin to understand where I was coming from :)
>
> I think %d (for the directory of the current file) and %p (for the
> project's base dir) would already be sufficient for most stuff.

Agree, lets start there.

> Here's the patch (sync'd to your latest changes) that allows for easier
> plugging in the working dir GtkEntry. It doesn't implement it yet, just
> makes later adding easier (I'm in favor of atomic comm its where possible,
> so the actual addition would be a seperate patch).

Thanks, committed, I moved your little convenience  routines to the top, out
of the section of the file dealing with command execution

in function read_row
I put the strlen calls back in, this is needed to check if all the entries
are still blank then we don't want to make the command exist.
the stcmp and strlen tests need to be in loops to match the rest of your
changes, the test of dir will of course go away when you add the new entry

Re atomic commits, in theory I agree, but for me practicality intrudes.  My
upload is much slower than download so it is more practical to do one big
commit at the end of the day rather than interrupting my day waiting for
several little ones.