[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Jul 14 08:02:22 UTC 2009

2009/7/14 Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.htw-berlin.de>

> Lex Trotman schrieb:
>
> >     Well, I haven't evens started to integrate that field, so it's a bit
> early to assume how it would behave.
> >
> >     I pretty much planned that it would fill the appropriate defaults if
> they're empty. And very few special characters which for example expand to
> the file's path (i.e. more than just %e and %f). That would make it pretty
> easy.
> >

> > Sorry Frank, you've sort of lost me here?  :-S
> >
> > Cheers
> > Lex
>
> What didn't you understand?
>
> I basically just argued against your arguments, that it will be more work
> to put the paths in, by filling the entry boxes with nice default values
> (such as the project's or file's path), plus by adding a few variables to
> expand to suitable paths (like %e already does for the current file, %p
> could expand to the path of the current file).
>
> That's all to free the user of tight limitations of Geany (w.r.t to
> building) and to support even unconventional build system, which I know a
> few of.

Which is why I am doing this whole damn thing.;-)

> Best regards.

Ok, now I get you, good idea.  I have top posted a cleaned up version of my
description so lets see what feedback there is. New version is in SVN, if
you can update your patch I won't make any changes tonight and try your
patch tomorrow.