[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 14:54:17 UTC 2009

Lex Trotman schrieb:

 >     Well, I haven't evens started to integrate that field, so it's a
bit early to assume how it would behave.

 >     I pretty much planned that it would fill the appropriate defaults
if they're empty. And very few special characters which for example
expand to the file's path (i.e. more than just %e and %f). That would
make it pretty easy.

 > Sorry Frank, you've sort of lost me here?  :-S
 >
 > Cheers
 > Lex

What didn't you understand?

I basically just argued against your arguments, that it will be more
work to put the paths in, by filling the entry boxes with nice default
values (such as the project's or file's path), plus by adding a few
variables to expand to suitable paths (like %e already does for the
current file, %p could expand to the path of the current file).

That's all to free the user of tight limitations of Geany (w.r.t to
building) and to support even unconventional build system, which I know
a few of.

Best regards.