[Geany-devel] Support SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT (patch included)

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 10:31:04 UTC 2009

Hi all.  It's me again, with another little patch (probably the last one
from me for a long period of time).

I discovered that Geany doesn't provide key bindings for the
abovementioned scintilla commands.  I think they are very useful while
editing text, or HTML, or other markup, especially when you don't like
when your text exceeds 80 char boundary (like me).  With these
shortcuts, you no longer need to manually reformat your text after you
make a slight change in it, you know.  There are such shortcuts in other
editors like (afair) Eclipse and Notepad++ for Windows.

Unfortunately, SCI_LINESJOIN and SCI_LINESSPLIT commands are not very
smart, e.g., they do not respect indentation.  I had to write some code
so that these commands could be useful. Particularly, in lines_split()
function I had to change line indentations and text selection (see
comments in the code for more information)... My knowledge of
Scintilla's features is not perfect; if you could suggest more
user-friendly ways to deal with indentation, please do.

When implementing this, I had to add couple of sciwrappers, so I placed
them at the end of sciwrappers.{c,h}.

The patch also adds corresponding entries to key bindings properties in
the preferences dialog.  Maybe "Split lines" entry should be renamed as
it may be ambiguous.

The patch is against rev. 3951.  Alternative link:
http://pastie.org/543980.  Hope you'll find it useful.

Best regards,
Eugene.