[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 02:50:09 UTC 2009

2009/7/13 Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com>

> Hi.
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:25:33 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - Very limited testing so far (C/C++ filetypes only)
>
> OK. Did some testing with haxe files now.
>
> The "build"-button in the toolbar doesn't seem to work correctly. By
> default it is disabled for haxe files. Adding a "_Build" command under
> "Haxe source file commands" enables the button,

See comment below, looks like special handling is needed for build
toolbutton.

> but clicking on it runs
> the command for "_Compile". Also the "Compile"-entry is missing in the
> dropdown menu called from the button.

I havn't actually done anything with the toolbar code except point the
activate at the new menu items (tool buttons mostly work by activating the
respective menu item).  I wasn't aware of the dropdown since I don't use the
build toolbar item (I use the F9 key).  Its not surprising then that it
doesn't work right and I'm surprised it works at all.

 I had a look at the code and I can't find where that submenu is created,
can someone please provide guidance??

> The Build main menu works correctly, though.
> [build-menu]-entries are correctly added to the project file and the
> haxe-filedef.
>
> --
> Mockey

Cheers, thanks for the testing