[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable Build Menu Alpha in SVN

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Jul 13 01:18:08 UTC 2009

2009/7/13 Andreas Mokros <am at medienpensionat.com>

> Hi.
>
> This is a great addition, thanks.
> A couple of quick remarks before I'll test it further:
>
> On Thu, 9 Jul 2009 17:25:33 +1000
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
> > - Configuration sourced from project if open, preferences, filetypes,
> > defaults (in that order)
>
> Can it be that you don't take the user-defined filedefs
> under ~/.config/geany/filedefs into account? I have an own filedef for
> haxe e.g. but the configuration dialog shows the compile and execute
> entries of the general filedef.

Sorry that the short summary in the announcement email isn't clear, as the
table in the manual states, preferences is the ~/.config/geany filetypes
files.  It is worth a quick look at this table (near the end of the build
menu section) because the sources used for load and save vary depending on
which group the menu item is in (filetype, non-filetype and execute).

> > - The maximum number of items in each section of the build menu is
> > configurable
>
> Where can that be configured?

There are three hidden settings,  in the config file in the [build-menu]
section called number_ft_menu_items, number_non_ft_menu_items and
number_exec_menu_items which set the number in each group of items.  They
will be added to the config section of the manual when it gets updated.  If
you test them, remember that for the moment only one execute is working.

> > - New configuration dialog in the build menu
>
> There's a typo: "Non Filetype Commands" and "Execute Commands" instead
> of "Comamnds", but I guess the dialog is preliminary for testing anyway.

Thanks, wil be in next svn commit, I've looked at that dialog maybe 100
times in the last weeks and not spotted it.