[Geany-devel] Error message parsing operation questions/suggestions

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sun Jul 12 05:20:50 UTC 2009

Hi Enrico/Neil,

The error message parsing currently appears to work by using the filetype to
select the error regex or by selecting what the old parser looks for.  This
is reasonable since the error message format actually depends on the
compiler and the closest concept in Geany is the language.

I was playing with error regexes prior to implementing the build-system
dialog fields for them.
But when I accidently left a text file open and ran 'make', my shiny new C
compiler regex wasn't used, since the non-filetype commands still get their
regexes from the filetype.

Should I add a regex for non-filetype commands as well?  Then
msgwin_parse_compiler_error_line can look at the command group in build_info
and decide which regex to use.

Well actually two regexes, one in project one in preferences and no default.