[Geany-devel] C++ file-type extensions

Yves Pausch devel at xxxxx
Wed Jul 8 14:46:59 UTC 2009

----- original message --------

Subject: Re: [Geany-devel] C++ file-type extensions
Sent: Wed, 08 Jul 2009
From: Frank Lanitz<frank at frank.uvena.de>

> Am Mittwoch, den 08.07.2009, 15:18 +0200 schrieb Yves Pausch:
>
> > As I have problems attaching the patch I provide a link instead:
> > http://www.ype.de/files/geany_cpp.patch
>
> At least for .h file this would introduce wrong behaviour as header for
> C++ should be either .H or .hpp. Nevertheless this is something you can
> configure on your end. Just have a look onto
> http://www.geany.org/manual/current/index.html#filetype-extensions
>
> Cheers,
> Frank

--- original message end ----

The new behaviour wouldn't imho be wrong only different from the existing. I don't see any drawbacks while handling C headers in the same way as C++ headers apart from it isn't completely precise. Most of the C++ projects that I know or I'm involved into name their headers *.h and commonly only template class declarations will be put into *.hpp there.
Bye, Yves.