[Geany-devel] question about templates

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 5 17:17:10 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 19:11:50 +0200, Andreas wrote:

>> This can be improved but doesn't necessarily need to.
>
>I'll have a look at the code. Maybe I can make it work for haxe,
>too ...

The problem is that Geany doesn't really know about the current scope.
Check the 'scope' field in the statusbar, for the few Haxe examples
files I have here it says most often 'unknown' or it finds a scope
which is just wrong. And that is why the function template doesn't
subsitute the function name because the subsitution is based on the
scope information.

So, fixing this means to fix the code which determines the current
scope which is not completely trivial but surely possible.
Have a look at symbols_get_current_function(), the code uses
information from Scintilla and from tagmanager to determine the scope.