[Geany-devel] Plugin for haxe-completion

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Jul 5 17:11:30 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:50:31 +0200, Andreas wrote:

>Hi.
>
>On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 15:32:20 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>> You want to return TRUE if your haxe_completion() code
>> does display your userlist and return FALSE if not. This should do
>> the trick.
>
>Pretty close, but not quite there yet.
>
>The problem with returning TRUE is that *all* the Geany-handling on
>editor-notify is disabled, i.e. also updating of the file-saved
>status, updating of the statusbar, etc. That's not so nice.

Indeed.

>Now I set a flag, when I show my completion list and set it back to
>false when the list disappears. There are apparently two notifications
>for this: SCN_AUTOCSELECTION (user makes a selection) and
>SCN_AUTOCCANCELLED (user cancels with mouse or keystroke). *But* the
>list can apparently also be cancelled by the editor (when typing a
>wrong key e.g.). And there seems to be no event for this. So in this
>case flag stays set -> no Geany-handling notify handling anymore.
>What would be nice is a notification when a user list is shown, but
>there is only a notification, when something is selected in a user list
>(SCN_USERLISTSELECTION) ...

Such a notification is missing in Scintilla.
On the other hand, you maybe can workaround this by checking checking
the list display status with SCI_AUTOCACTIVE when receiving the
SCN_UPDATEUI. But really, this is just a guess and depends on how your
code works.