[Geany-devel] question about snippets

Andreas Mokros am at xxxxx
Sun Jul 5 16:07:53 UTC 2009

On Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:01:13 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
> Or the other way round, I think it's doesn't really matter if you try
> to implement it in Geany or as a plugin. Taking the working code and
> port it into Geany from a plugin or port it from Geany into a plugin
> shouldn't be that hard at all.

I think I might start with a plugin, when I find some time. I have some
ideas for added functionalities already.
But I might bother you with some more questions here then ...:-)

> >Is the gedit snippet plugin so great then?
> >Can it do what I tried to describe (work with selected text)?
> No idea. I don't use Gedit :).

I played around a bit with it (didn't know that the snippet-plugin is
actually included in the standard gedit-install).
So, yes: It has some interesting snippet-functionalities. But it also
showed some pretty weird behaviours (either bugs or I just didn't use it
correctly) ...

> Additionally, I doubt using the Gedit plugin with a possible future
> Python interface will work out of the box.

I also doubt that. The different editor-control for one should make
quite a difference.

--
Mockey