[Geany-devel] RFC: Plugin installation path for documentation

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Fri Jan 30 18:58:20 UTC 2009

On Mon, 26 Jan 2009 21:25:43 +0100, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

>Hey,
>

>I just thought about how external plugins could/should install their
>documentation files[1], if any.
>
>The usual location would be $prefix/share/doc/pluginname but I think
>with multiple plugins installed, this could clutter up the doc
>directory a little bit. At least when the plugins are installed in a
>global default prefix like /usr. Then users end up with something like

I just added a few notes to the plugin API documentation regarding
installation paths:

http://www.geany.org/manual/reference/guidelines.html

Feel free to comment on this and/or send any improvements.