[Geany-devel] Update to build support

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Fri Jan 30 13:44:15 UTC 2009

2009/1/30 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>

> On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 22:30:20 +1100
> Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Sorry, I haven't looked at them. Until we have a stable build commands
> > > design, I would prefer we don't complicate things. It's not so bad
> > > using an existing command to compile headers.
> > >

> > Ok, if no other objections I'll implement an option for compile headers
> off
> > by default and lets see how it goes.
>
> Well, we might want to make changes to the build system, or extend GUI
> functionality in some way. This would likely be made more complex if we
> have to also support different sets of build commands.
>
> I think it would be best to keep the alternate build commands feature
> separate from the main build work.

Ummm to make sure my last proposal above was understood, what I was
proposing was not to have alternate commands for now, just to have an option
to make the c/c++ filetype commands available for headers.  Currently
headers are hard coded to be unable to access any build or compile
commands.  If headers need a different build command then one of the spare
commands will have to be used and the user must choose the correct command
for header or body.   Since there is some risk in that process, eg choosing
the wrong command may have unintended side effects, the option is off by
default (giving current behavior).  It probably should be a hidden option,
not on the GUI.