[Geany-devel] New plugin symbol "plugin_help()" to show plugin docs (was: Re: RFC: Plugin installation path for documentation)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 28 19:38:01 UTC 2009

On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 16:28:33 +0100, Enrico Tröger
<enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Jan 2009 09:44:43 +0200, Yura Siamashka <yurand2 at gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:57:01 +0100
>>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>>

>>> Anyway, as the subject says RFC, this is a discussion and if you all
>>> still want to put plugin doc files in Geany's docdir, hmm, ok.
>>
>>Please consider implementing "Help" button in plugin manager dialog,
>
>this is a good idea.
>Not sure whether we will get to it in time before the 0.16 release but
>I think it's worth adding it.

Just did so.
There is a new plugin symbol:
void plugin_help();
which can be implemented by plugins. If a plugin implements it, the new
Help button next to the Configure button in the plugin manager dialog
becomes active and on click, plugin_help() is executed.