[Geany-devel] Cleanup in the VC menu

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Jan 22 20:46:50 UTC 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009 16:39:20 +0000, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Jan 2009 21:40:37 +0100
>Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at fhtw-berlin.de> wrote:
>
>> I'm unable to do it (too little knowledge of GTK things) :)
>
>I agree that most users don't want to play around with an XML file to

I slowly recognise that not all share my enthusiasms for the GtkAction
way of creating user interfaces :).
It was just an idea.

>Personally I like submenus to organise many items, and just use
>keybindings to do common things. But I know others disagree ;-)

Hmm, yeah. Probably it's the best this way. For me personally, it's
just that I'm so used to do Tools->VC->Diff ..., after working for a
few hours with Thomas' patch, I reverted it to get back the original
menu even if it is less structured. It's just a habit, nothing more.
Now, I probably will finally start using keybindings :).