[Geany-devel] Cleanup in the VC menu

Yura Siamashka yurand2 at xxxxx
Wed Jan 21 20:29:14 UTC 2009

Hi

У Срд, 21/01/2009 у 18:42 +0100, Thomas Martitz піша:
> Enrico Tröger wrote:
> > I have two suggestions, most preferred one first (:D) :
> > a) create the whole menu with GtkAction's and then put a XML file with
> > the layout in the user's config directory. This way, the users can
> > reorder the menu as they like and all will be happy. Bonus of this
> > method is that creating and maintaining menu items is very easy and
> > flexible.
> > b) do a mix of submenus and toplevel menu items:
> > commonly used menu items like 'diff from current file', 'diff from base
> > dir', 'revert', 'commit' should go into the top level menu, others like
> > 'blame', 'add', 'remove', 'log' could go into one or more submenus.
> >

> c) A dynamic "recent actions" list?
Dynamic list is evil, I will have to read what I click with it. ;) Don't
know why KDE people went crazy about it.

a) sounds good, but, honestly, I think it is overhead for simple list
with 10-11 items. (Read: I won't do it, patch is welcome)

> a) doesn't really appeal me :/
Why?

Best regards,
Yura Siamashka