[Geany-devel] [Geany] Geany segfaults when enabling project plugin

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Jan 15 12:49:27 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 13:17:37 +0200
"Yura Siamashka" <yurand2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Segmentation fault happend because geanyprj can't create private
> project properties properly. And probably geanyprj should not do it.

> 0x08072ae2 in get_default_indent_prefs () at editor.c:830
> 830             iprefs = app->project ?
> *app->project->priv->indentation : *editor_prefs.indentation;
>
> I don't know how to fix this crash without deleting build capabilities
> from geanyprj.

(I haven't really used geanyprj, but personally I'm not happy with there
being anything special in Geany for it, e.g. the GeanyProject::type
field.)

I think geanyprj should not try to replace Geany's project handling,
but instead somehow work on top of it - this probably will require
changes to the plugin API. But any changes should be quite general.

I want to keep the GeanyProjectPrivate struct hidden from the
plugin API.

> to geany devs:
>
> What about introducing some kind of hook api for main menu items:

Not sure what you mean by this, why do you want it?

Regards,
Nick