[Geany-devel] Consideration of using other repos like github

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Jan 14 17:29:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 15 Jan 2009 01:23:31 +0800, "Kovich Ian" <kovich.ian at gmail.com>
wrote:

Hey,

>As title. I am one of the zh_TW translator of this lightweight and fast
>editor.
>
>For me, I would like to have some little change and save it back to the
>repo.
>
>If the repo have a distributed source maintain function, I think that
>the mainstream code maintainer would be easier to do the code merge.

Some time ago we talked about this and IIRC the conclusion was to
continue using SVN as it is (still) more widely in use than GIT (i.e.
more users have Subversion installed) and switching would mainly only
cause confusion, work for the transition and such.

What's wrong with sending a simple patch to the i18n list or to Frank?