[Geany-devel] Changing from scintilla to gtksourceview or scintilla over gtksourceview

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Dec 29 20:12:36 UTC 2009

Am 29.12.2009 19:55, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> An interesting question could be which engine is faster but this is
> probably hard to test and maybe not even worth if the difference is
> quite small or not even noticeable.

 From my POV, scintilla is pretty slow. Especially on windows where
scrolling is painfully slow, but also for opening the auto-completition
list (although I remember it was way faster some month ago, so it could
be my system(s)). I don't know whether gtksourceview does better.

Other than that, I don't see much of a point for changing. But I do
think supporting both would be awesome (even if via a compile time
switch only) :)
Best regards.