[Geany-devel] Changing from scintilla to gtksourceview or scintilla over gtksourceview

Денис Томилин denis.tomilin at xxxxx
Mon Dec 28 20:52:21 UTC 2009

This is not an urgent thought. Just look to the future. I'm just saying that
it makes sense to start changing, because it will end at a time, when the
right version of gtksourceview already be stable. As i think.

>This is not true.
I mean that scintilla isn't part of "gtk" project, isn't close child.

At this moment, i stopped works on "pygeany"(yeah, i gave a name to it), cuz
i want to try to write editor with all concepts, what i need, but on D-lang.
Ofc, i using concepts of geany, but with some modifications and additions
from vim, scribes, emacs, textmate. And, ofc, i using gtksourceview(bad news
- need to write binding for it, but i believe in help of people from russian
popular linux-themed forum linux.org.ru :D).
If it failed, i will resume works on pygeany.