[Geany-devel] Patches for sm branch

Eugene Arshinov earshinov at xxxxx
Mon Dec 21 22:08:00 UTC 2009

Hi guys, it's me again.

First, I'd like to say sorry about tons of emails I sent last time by
accident. Actually I did not notice that until I took a look at
geany-devel archives tomorrow. Definitely, the experiment with `git
format-patch' was unsuccessful...

Second, there was a little question in my previous mail. As I did not
receive any answer, I decided to make code changes as little as
possible. Maybe I should have done so immediately, without asking that
question... Anyway, the result is the last (#8) patch for sm branch.
Now I consider XSMP support complete, some testing is required.

Below are patches for sm branch that have not been applied yet. I sent 7
of those within the tons of emails I mentioned earlier. It is easier to
access them in a single email, so I attach them here. The text below
the filename of a particular patch is the proposed commit message for
the patch.

Feel free to ask questions about these patches and to point
to mistakes which I possibly made there.

-------------------- 8< --------------------

[1.files.patch]
Extract SM-related code into separate sm.{c,h} files, make some
refactoring, and write code comments for Doxygen.

[2.sm_finalize.patch]
Add sm_finalize().

[3.fix-restart-command.patch]
Fix restart command.

[4.fix-interaction.patch]
Handle "Interact" message properly.

[5.noinstance-behaviour.patch]
Make --new-instance imply --no-session.

[6.nosession.patch]
Handle --no-session properly.

The previous commit allows us to change --no-session command line option
handling back to normal. The issue was described in a FIXME section
inside src/sm.c, the section is now deleted.

[7.fix-filenames.patch]
Use `GeanyDocument.file_name's instead of `GeanyDocument.real_path's in
restart command like Geany session management facilities do.

[8.optentries.patch]
Add "reverse parser" for GOptionEntry. Handle all command-line options.

Best regards,
Eugene.