[Geany-devel] [Geany Plugins] naming issues and consistence

Frank Lanitz frank at xxxxx
Sun Dec 13 17:11:40 UTC 2009

On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 14:56:16 +0100
Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz at student.HTW-Berlin.de> wrote:

> Am 13.12.2009 12:41, schrieb Enrico Tröger:
> > On Sun, 13 Dec 2009 11:56:24 +0100, Frank wrote:

> >> I suggest to use small letters in begin of plugin name as geany is
> >> just a prefix. So s/GeanyGDB/geanyGDB.
> >>
> > "Geany" in the plugin names is part of the name and should be properly
> > capitalised as it's also done with the other plugins. I think it would
> > be even more inconsistent and confusing if some plugins would be
> > captilised properly (like the internal and some other plugins) and your
> > plugins would break this rule. This would make Dominic's efforts
> > useless.
> >

> Additionally it looks ugly, IMO :)

Well, I think capital letters at begin of names are ugly. Anyway, I've
committed some patches at least for the plugin manager.

Cheers,
Frank
--
Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>