[Geany-devel] More intelligent 'remove trailing spaces' - Re: Strip trailing blank lines (patch included)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Aug 31 14:49:06 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 20:42:50 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >   for i in (@blah){
> >   ...print "$i\n";
> >   ...print "BLAH!\n";
> >   }
> >
> > Instead of this:
> >
> >   for i in (@blah){
> >   ...print "$i\n";
> >
> >   ...print "BLAH!\n";
> >   }
> >
> >Note that in the first the spaces/tabs are left to end at the current
> >indent level, I suspect that there is a large amount of extra code to
> >make this work as the strip will have to get clever and understand
> >about a lot more things than it currently does.
>
> I see what you mean, I just wonder why?

I think this is useful as the user doesn't need to re-indent the blank
line before typing on it.

Regards,
Nick