[Geany-devel] Nightly build failed: Geany GTK 2.8 build test

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Sat Aug 29 11:13:36 UTC 2009

2009/8/29 Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 15:02:52 +0100, Nick wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 27 Aug 2009 14:08:29 +1000
>>Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> This seems to be due to G_GNUC_WARN_UNUSED_RESULT not being available
>>> until GTK 2.10 at line 330 in keybindings.c
>>
>>Oops, thanks. Hard to work out from the error messages...
>
> Well, we can change it...
> The script sending the error messages just takes the last 8 lines of
> the error log. IIRC in the case above, the real error message was 9
> lines above, so we could increase the included lines but then the next
> time it's again just line above :).

Don't make the email longer!! As you say it will never contain the
problem unless all the errors were included.

> Anyway, if anyone wants to have more error lines included or other
> improvements, just tell me.
>
> And after all, exactly because of this, each error mail contains a link
> to quickly see the full error log.

And in fact thats how I found it, the errors were clearly due to some
block problem like a missing brace so I just went to the first error &
found it.
I only went looking because it showed build.c, but that was just
because it was the first to include keybindings.h :-)

Maybe the first few error lines as well as the last few?

> Alternatively, we could attach the error log to the mail itself but I'm
> not so convinced it's really necessary.

No, the link to the details is a good solution