[Geany-devel] submitting a new syntax highlight and tagmanager (txt2tags)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Fri Aug 28 12:01:21 UTC 2009

On Fri, 28 Aug 2009 11:52:36 +0000 (GMT)
Forgeot Eric <eforgeot at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> I managed to modify the geany sources so txt2tags is partially supported:
> The tagmanager is rather ok, and syntax highlight is beginning to work.
>
> I'd like to submit this work to the geany developpers, what is the best practice to do so: for example uploading the modified sources somewhere on my website so you can grab them, review them and eventually integrate them?
> Is there a better way? I can use svn if needed (for working on a branch)

HACKING describes making a SVN patch, this is the best way. Then just
attach it in your email to this list.

BTW one sticking point might be that we like to use an unmodified
scintilla (so the plugin ABI is stable for lexer constants as well as
easier to upgrade), so could you try to get your scintilla lexer into
the official project please?

Regards,
Nick