[Geany-devel] porting the txt2tags syntax on Geany

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Aug 27 15:49:13 UTC 2009

On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 21:48:09 +0000 (GMT)
Forgeot Eric <eforgeot at yahoo.fr> wrote:

> for example in markdown for a header you can surround it by # like this : ## header 2 ##
>
> On txt2tags it's == header 2 ==. So I replaced this in the source code of LexMarkdown.cxx and recompiled geany, but it's not working when I change the source to markdown (I just made this quick test by keeping the markdown name):

I don't know much about Scintilla lexers myself, but the
MarkDown one seems to have other handling for the '=' and '#' chars
which may need changing. I would cut out all the code you don't need
for your lexer.

> Where could I start for getting txt2tags working with Geany?

Try the HACKING file for how to add a filetype.

Regards,
Nick