[Geany-devel] Build-system merge

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Aug 26 15:05:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 22:43:41 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >The merge probably would have been ok if I had specified versions like
> >you do, but I had no idea that I needed to :-S I just read the book!!
> >Maybe should be mentioned in hacking so new people like me know that
> >old svn versions may have been used so don't rely on the mergeinfo.
>
> Sorry, no.
> It's a pure Subversion problem if the clients are that incompatible.
> It doesn't happen that often that people create branches in our
> repository :). And I think this is something which should be
> communicated in Subversion, not in Geany.

I agree this is Subversion's problem. But to avoid corruption in
future, we could leave the creation of the branch to the branch
'owner', so the merge info is also created if their client supports it.

Regards,
Nick

P.S. I am planning on upgrading my system to Debian, so that might be
easier to apt-get upgrade than upgrading entire Fedora versions every 6
months.