[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Aug 25 22:00:13 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 23:50:24 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>On 25.08.2009 22:53, Enrico Tröger wrote:
>> I wonder what's about the variable i in the outer for loop, is it
>> initialised at all?
>
>> Additionally, I noticed the FOREACH_GEANYBUILDCMD_ENTRY () macro
>> which, erm, looks weird. It defines an usual for loop which also
>> uses a variable i. From my experience, I'd say such things can
>> easily lead to weird errors and makes the code less readable.
>>

>This FOREACH_GEANYBUILDCMD_ENTRY is from a patch of mine what added
>the working dir field.
> [...]
>The code is much more readable due to that IMO, and is actually much
>less error prone than not looping through the enum.

I didn't want to say to not loop. I just find this macro unnecessary as
it doesn't do anything more than to an usual for loop definition could
do as well. In contrary to the foreach_[s]list macros which are indeed
very handy.

>Finally, it doesn't use a variable i, it uses the variable you pass to
>it.

My bad, sorry.