[Geany-devel] Glade menu copying - Re: Resetting menu accels

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Aug 25 21:15:29 UTC 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009 11:56:43 +0100, Nick wrote:

Hey,

sorry for the delay.

>On Tue, 18 Aug 2009 20:04:12 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> The bad thing is doing these changes with Glade is annoying, a lot of
>> clicking and such and more heavily, you need to do it all twice for
>> both menus. So if you like to do it, remove the existing submenus
>> from Glade, add the new submenu in Glade and then add the rest of
>> the new menu items in plain C code :). This way you can put the
>> whole code to generate the menu items into a for loop running from 0
>> to 1 and so save a lot of work, code and most important time.
>> If you don't like to do it, just ignore this, then I will add this to
>> my personal todo list.
>
>Hmm, personally I like to use Glade for complicated menus and dialogs.
>
>Maybe the menu could be done in Glade as a separate popup menu, then
>call create_insert_menu() in interface.c and pack it into the main edit
>menu, then call create_insert_menu() again and pack that into the popup
>menu. From looking at the generated code for the create_edit_menu1()
>editor popup menu this might work, but then any menu items would
>need to be looked up with the menu as the 'owner' rather than the main
>menu or editor popup menu widgets.
>
>The same could apply for the Format submenus, and would be more useful
>as they have more items.

I personally see this as more complicated than the way I suggested.
Though I don't have a strong opinion on that.

Whoever wants to implement it, should choose the way he or she prefers.
If nobody wants to implement it, I'll do at some point.