[Geany-devel] ANN: Configurable build beta in trunk

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Tue Aug 25 20:53:42 UTC 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:35:54 +1000, Lex wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>The configurable build system has been merged into the latest trunk
>(>r4120).

And crashes Geany at startup under some circumstances :(.

I happily updated my Geany at work this morning and once I started it,
it crashed. http://nopaste.geany.org/p/m5ab611f0 has a short backtrace.
Though I didn't manage to find the cause of this crash but I also
hadn't much time to look into it.

I zipped my .config/geany directory and tried to reproduce here at home
but with no luck. So, I guess it might be related to the project I had
opened, unfortunately I didn't copy the project file.

Well, I'll try to debug this a bit more tomorrow.

Lex, maybe you already have an idea what's wrong?
I wonder what's about the variable i in the outer for loop, is it
initialised at all?
Additionally, I noticed the FOREACH_GEANYBUILDCMD_ENTRY () macro which,
erm, looks weird. It defines an usual for loop which also uses a
variable i. From my experience, I'd say such things can easily lead to
weird errors and makes the code less readable.

Btw, I noticed lines 2362 and the following ones are indented with
spaces which should be tabs :).