[Geany-devel] intltool usage question

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Tue Aug 25 11:52:34 UTC 2009

2009/8/25 Nick Treleaven <nick.treleaven at btinternet.com>:

>> >facility is there if there is an easy way of using it.  As I said
>> >above I will have a quick look later on, but won't spend much time on
>> >it, help welcome.
>>
>> So, let's keep them in English for now. If I have time and am bored
>> enough, I will have a look at some time. If your branch is finally
>> merged and I didn't have had a look at this time, I forgot it :).
>
> I thought the default menu labels could still be in the source code, so
> would get translated. Not sure how easy it is to do now though ;-)

The "default" defaults are still in the code for exactly that reason :-)

IIRC this discussion was about filetypes that might want something
other than compile or build by configuring something in their
filetypes file.

The code should now load locale sensitive strings if they exist, its
about how they get translated. Intltool is supposed to manage this by
integrating config files into the translation process, but it seems to
have a fixed list of filenames :-(