[Geany-devel] Build-system merge

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Thu Aug 20 10:32:17 UTC 2009

Hi Nick,

Ok, I am sure you know all this but I have been told that SVN is
*very* picky about merge and re-integrate.

Your branch working directory should be a *clean* checkout of the
branch, merge with trunk and re-commit to the branch, don't change
anything other than fixing the conflicts.

Your trunk working directory should be a clean checkout and then merge
--reintegrate the branch.  There *shouldn't* be any conflicts here.
Then commit.

I have been told to not believe the documentation that says that you
can use any old working copy lying around.

And you don't want to have anyone committing to trunk whilst you are doing it

 If you like I can do it since I'm in the opposite time zone from you
(UTC+10) so no one is committing while i'm awake. :-)

With the exception of any new commits to trunk, the only conflict at
the moment is ChangeLog since it always grows at the end and so
changes overlap.  The merges I've done should have resolved any other
conflicts.  We will have to wait and see if the merges that SVN did on
autopilot cause any problems, I couldn't see any but thats *no*
guarantee :-).