[Geany-devel] Resetting menu accels - Re: Super modifier in keybindings - Re: Strange Geany behavior

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Tue Aug 18 14:30:49 UTC 2009

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 11:12:58 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> Sorry I don't think I was clear.
> >> What I was trying to say was that overriding them will work the same
> >> as other accelerators, so no specific implementation is needed.
> >> In fact specific action is needed to prevent users overriding them,
> >> like the original suggestion of taking them out of the keybinding
> >> menu, and I was trying to say that I didn't think it was appropriate
> >> or  worth the effort.
> >
> > Well, you have to pass the existing accelerator key + modifier to be
> > able to remove one, so you would need some extra code to lookup the
> > stock accelerator and remove it at startup.
>
> Well I was assuming that since they are already in the keybinding menu
> they are looked up from somewhere and that would just stay the same
> :-)

I've implemented changing accels for non-stock main menu accelerators
only. (Popup menu accels I'll do later after some implementation change
to plugin keybindings so I don't have to break the ABI too often in
future).

I tried overriding stock accels, but it didn't seem to work, unless I
made a mistake. See patch attached.

Regards,
Nick