[Geany-devel] sciwrappers.h not compilable ?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Sun Aug 16 20:28:45 UTC 2009

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:50:14 +0200, Thomas wrote:

>Enrico Tröger schrieb:
>> On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 21:11:51 +0200, Cédric wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> answering your mails is hard the way you quote.
>>
>> About your initial question abut including sciwrappers.h:
>> the order of header includes is important, I think I already told
>> you that in another thread.
>> First include geany.h, then other Geany includes like document.c or
>> sciwrappers.h, then include pluginmacros.h and geanyfunctions.h. You
>> can't include headers randomly. See other plugins how they do it.
>>

>I think this situation is suboptimal.
>
>A way to work around at least is to add some #warning (or even
>#error), like
>
>#ifndef GEANY_H
>#warning geany.h needs to be included before this file
>#endif
>
>in sciwrappers.h for example.

We could do this but to get any sense of it we would do this in all
public header files.
Anyway, the plugin howto clearly says to use "geanyplugin.h" as single
header include to avoid all such problems and I don't see any reason
why not to do this. All you need is Geany 0.18.