[Geany-devel] Calltip and autocomplete interaction

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Aug 12 21:02:54 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2 Aug 2009 15:43:28 +0200, Enrico wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:32:04 +0100, Nick wrote:

>>> Update 2:
>>> with SVN r4022 it should also work for cancelled auto-completion
>>> lists which were not closed explicitly by Escape, i.e. also without
>>> a SCN_AUTOCCANCELLED message.
>>> Please test it :).
>>
>>This reshows calltips when you don't want them:
>>1. Press the down arrow when you're in a calltip until you're outside
>>the argument list.
>>2. Type a character - the calltip is reshown.
>
>Oops, very bad.
>I have a half-finished patch to address this issue, I hope I'll find
>time to finish and commit it during next week.

Guys, I'm sorry.
It seems I saved the patch to /tmp so it got deleted after shutting
down my computer (my /tmp is a ram disk) or I deleted the file by
accident. I just don't have it anymore and I don't have time until
next week to write it again. We are planning the release for Sunday
which probably won't happen but I try to make it on Monday or Tuesday.

So, if anyone is bored feel free to fix it. It's basically about
checking the current cursor position against the start and end position
of the argument list (i.e. the surrounding braces) of the shown
calltip.

Alternatively, we can maybe disable the code which is causing this
behaviour for the release. IIRC it's only one line and currently it's
more annoying than it helps.

Sorry,