[Geany-devel] Resetting menu accels - Re: Super modifier in keybindings - Re: Strange Geany behavior

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Aug 12 10:25:10 UTC 2009

On Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:48:21 +1000
Lex Trotman <elextr at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've attached a simple program which demonstrates the super modifier
> problem, so the good news is, it isn't a Geany problem.  I will raise
> a GTK bug.

OK.

> The bad? news is that the program  also demonstrates that accelerators
> can be removed and new ones added and they update the UI nicely.  Each
> time you activate the button either by accelerator key or by clicking
> the menu the accelerator key is incremented.
>
> Note that I had to keep the accel group around to pass it to the
> remove call, I'm not sure Geany creates once and uses the same
> accel_group everywhere, that may have been the problem if it didn't
> work for you in the past.

Hmm, not sure. Anyway it's great you found out how to do it. Seems
simple now, but we couldn't figure it out...

> Or maybe it was a bug in the past :-) Note the documentation note that
> says they can't be changed means that they can't be *changed* like
> accel_map entries can, not that they can't be removed and a new one
> added.

Yes, this was confusing.

> But this might make the whole keybinding code much simpler :-)

Not sure, there are keybindings that don't have a menu item associated
with it.

> Or change the whole thing to use gtk_accel_map that does its own
> work and using nested loops as well.  Decisions, decisions ...

I haven't looked at gtk_accel_map, perhaps it's easier to keep the
existing code. Anyway at some point we can fix this.

Regards,
Nick