[Geany-devel] Build System Recent Commit

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Apr 30 17:33:13 UTC 2009

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 18:11:19 +1000, Lex wrote:

Hey,

>I just committed to build-system a change to add a build commands tab
>to the project properties dialog to save project commands from.
>
>To save you building the branch, I've attached a screen shot.  The XXX
>will of course have the correct filetype when some code gets behind
>the dialog.
>
>I propose to use the same for the Build menu 'set build commands' (or
>whatever we are calling it) dialog.
>
>After some thought I propose to put the error regex in both because as
>you change the compiler it is likely that you may need to change the
>regex.  So having one associated with each set of commands is useful.

I do like it, not much more to say.

Maybe three commands for each type will be enough, or at least three
for non-filetype build commands. The dialog just looks a bit big to me.

>PS Enrico, I can't help with the Addons problem since I am Autotools
>illiterate, I didn't even *look* in configure.in or I'd have seen the

Well, I just don't know how to do it properly and I'm not really keen
on spending hours on testing and reading and trying, especially because
this doesn't affect most users who just install it in a default or the
Geany prefix while you were setting up a pretty uncommon setup (like I
have here :D).
Btw, most other plugins have the same problem :(.