[Geany-devel] Win32 Compiling Issues

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Apr 29 16:17:22 UTC 2009

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 23:52:56 +1200, Joshua wrote:

Hey,

>cd plugins && make -f makefile.win32 && cd ..
> [snip lots of boring errors :)]
>mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
>
>On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Frank Lanitz <frank at frank.uvena.de>
>wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 12:06:31 +1200
>> Joshua Leung <aligorith at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Even after adding a localwin32.mk file and changing the PREFIX as
>> suggested,
>> > I still get
>> > lregex.c:22:18: glib.h: No such file or directory
>>
>> Do you have the header files for glib (not glibc) installed inside
>> your build environment?
>
>What's the difference? I'm not terribly familiar with the GTK stuff

There is huge difference, as glibc is the GNU libc which is the C
runtime environment. But this has mostly no relevance on Windows as you
use Windows' C runtime library usually. Just forget about it.
We are here only talking about "GLib" which is a supporting library of
GTK.

>yet, though it "looks" like I've got the glib-dev-2.6.6.zip file the
>instructions said... The errors I'm getting above sound a lot like

Sorry, the instructions were old and not appropriate anymore. You need
at least GTK and Glib 2.8.x for Geany 0.16, I updated the website as
mentioned in my other post in this thread. Sorry again.

>they are related to these headers being the wrong ones or some headers
>being missing...

Not missing but outdated.
I suggest to delete your libs dir completely, download
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/gtk+/2.16/gtk+-bundle_2.16.1-20090419_win32.zip,
extract its contents into c:\libs and try again compiling. This should
work *crossing-fingers*.