[Geany-devel] Win32 Compiling Issues

Joshua Leung aligorith at xxxxx
Wed Apr 29 00:06:31 UTC 2009

Hi,

I hope I'm not posting this on the wrong list.

I'm trying to build Geany on Windows Vista, following the Windows build
instructions at: http://www.geany.org/Support/BuildingOnWin32

Even after adding a localwin32.mk file and changing the PREFIX as suggested,
I still get
lregex.c:22:18: glib.h: No such file or directory
when compiling through the MSYS shell. If I used the standard command
prompt, there's the makefiles would balk on the missing 'make' command.

As per the instructions, I've downloaded all the required libs to "C:\libs\"
and added that to my environment variables. I grabbed the Geany source
(trunk) using Tortoise SVN

Am I missing something here regarding compiling using makefiles?

PS: when grabbing the dependencies,
http://www.gimp.org/~tml/gimp/win32/downloads.html no longer lists the
required ones, but points to
http://ftp.gnome.org/pub/gnome/binaries/win32/dependencies/ instead