[Geany-devel] Deep editor customization....

Thomas Martitz thomas.martitz at xxxxx
Tue Apr 28 10:46:16 UTC 2009

Jimmy Paillet schrieb:
> >I would definitely love it, it looks fantastic. I'm not sure if it
> >counts as bloat if scintilla already implements it.
>
> >Btw, what font are you using there? The one with the slightly rotated
> >'e' I mean
>
> >Best regards.
>
> The font is Monofur, a font that deserved to be known more in the
> small and rather unexciting world of free Monospace fonts....
>
> it can be pick up on dafont.com...

Great tip, thanks!

> As for the rest, I'm of course not talking about reimplementing what
> scintilla does....
> currently I just force geany to setup more scintilla parameters,
> that's all...no crazy coding...i just needed to find where in the code
> to it and play around with parameters...
>
> so when I say implement, i just mean a proper scheme to allow a user
> to setup those parametes without modifying the source code by
> hand...(something like a filetype.toto.extended....)
>
> cheers,
> jimmy

I know :) I meant that I wouldn't consider your doing as bloat, since it
only implements existing Scintilla features (I phrased it poorly,
sorry). I absolutely agree with you.

Best regards.