[Geany-devel] Fw: [ geany-Bugs-2172232 ] Compilation bug

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Mon Oct 20 11:08:17 UTC 2008

On Sat, 18 Oct 2008 17:25:15 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> >> Yes, this sounds reasonable. Then users would know what the problem
> >> was and could probably update automake.
> >
> >I agree.
>
> Ok, done in SVN.
> I updated http://www.geany.org/Download/SVN to reflect this change. I
> didn't find any other reference of a description when building from
> SVN, i.e. using autogen.sh. Didn't we describe it anywhere else?

I don't think so.

I just added a FAQ about SVN build errors:
http://www.geany.org/Documentation/FAQ#QQuestions11

I'm not sure that we need to mention the automake version there,
does automake now print an error if the version is less than 1.7?

Regards,
Nick