[Geany-devel] Fw: [ geany-Bugs-2172232 ] Compilation bug

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Thu Oct 16 17:00:30 UTC 2008

Hey guys,

this is the third time within 3 weeks that this was reported.
It seems for some reason we are not compatible with automake 1.4
anymore.

We could either fix that or simply depend on automake 1.7+, I tested
automake 1.4 and 1.7, 1.4 fails, 1.7 works.

Since this is only needed for people building the sources from SVN/GIT,
it probably isn't a big deal at all to increase the minimum required
automake version?

What do you think?

For reference, automake 1,4 issues these warnings:

tagmanager/Makefile.am:21: libtagmanager_a_SOURCES defined both
conditionally and unconditionally
src/Makefile.am:73: invalid unused
variable name: `nodist_EXTRA_geany_SOURCES'

The warning in the tagmanager file is easy to fix and I fixed it in SVN
r3106.
Not sure about the warning in src/Makefile.am.

The next problem is that for some reason the tagmanager/ and scintilla/
subdirectories are not built with automake 1.4, no idea why.

So, the simplest solution could be to just require automake 1.7.

Begin forwarded message: