[Geany-devel] Vala for GeanyObject? (Re: About disabling GTK+/GLib deprecated symbols)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Thu Oct 16 10:57:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 19:23:27 +0200
Colomban Wendling <ban-ubuntu at club-internet.fr> wrote:

> But if Vala has some real advantages, take care it generates 2.6
> compatible code ;)

Vala is very recent, so it's unlikely they would make it generate
deprecated GObject code.

Anyway it was just an idea, as I'm sure a geanyobject.vala file would
be about 10 lines and very elegant too. But maybe it's not suitable for
Geany, not sure yet.

BTW, I'm sure the geanyobject.[hc] generated by Vala would be no better
than existing code or code from the patch (in fact probably worse), but
we wouldn't have to read it so who cares.

Regards,
Nick