[Geany-devel] Custom Command (Re: build-system branch geany.txt changes)

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 15 13:33:55 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:18:46 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:50:15 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> Lex wants to implement general build commands which can be completely
>> configured by the user, why then add a command which pops up a dialog
>> box?
>> For convenience for something like one time shots?
>
>Sometimes the user wants to run unusual commands - e.g. sometimes I run
>"make -C .." with the 'Make Custom Target'. Or "make -k".
>
>When/if we implement unlimited configurable commands, I could add a
>menu item (if I thought it was worth it), but it would even then still
>be useful to be able to run different commands occasionally.

Ah ok. Slowly I get the point and I should accept that not everyone
does such things in a console like me :).