[Geany-devel] Custom Command (Re: build-system branch geany.txt changes)

Nick Treleaven nick.treleaven at xxxxx
Wed Oct 15 13:18:46 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:50:15 +0200
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:

> Lex wants to implement general build commands which can be completely
> configured by the user, why then add a command which pops up a dialog
> box?
> For convenience for something like one time shots?

Sometimes the user wants to run unusual commands - e.g. sometimes I run
"make -C .." with the 'Make Custom Target'. Or "make -k".

When/if we implement unlimited configurable commands, I could add a
menu item (if I thought it was worth it), but it would even then still
be useful to be able to run different commands occasionally.

Regards,
Nick