[Geany-devel] build-system branch geany.txt changes

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at xxxxx
Wed Oct 15 12:50:15 UTC 2008

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:44:48 +0100, Nick Treleaven
<nick.treleaven at btinternet.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:30:35 +0200
>Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> wrote:
>
>> >Maybe the 'Make Custom Target' could be a more generic 'Custom
>> >command' but with a configurable starting string. The default label
>> >could still be 'Make Custom Target' but we could refer to it as the
>> >'Custom command' item.
>>
>> Not sure about this. A 'generic custom command' with a configurable
>> starting string? Sounds a bit long-winded. Why don't we just skip it?
>> I mean when we already have configurable commands we probably don't
>> need to keep another kind of configurable command.
>
>For now it's fine calling it the 'Make Custom Target' command. But we
>were discussing how to refer to it in a more general way, because the
>command doesn't even have to use 'make' at all. E.g, in the
>configuration dialog:
>
>Filetype Commands
>General Commands
>  Custom: "./waf build "
>
>When the user clicks on the 'Build->Custom Command' menu item, a dialog
>appears with "./waf build " as the contents, but they can still edit it
>- e.g. for adding arguments.

I still understand this.
Lex wants to implement general build commands which can be completely
configured by the user, why then add a command which pops up a dialog
box?
For convenience for something like one time shots?