[Geany-devel] Committed Project Build Commands to build-system branch

Lex Trotman elextr at xxxxx
Mon Nov 10 12:48:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

As a followup to the suggestion below I have committed a prototype of
filetypes for C and C++ headers to the build_system branch.  The filetype
detection also checks .h and no extension files for -*-C++-*- in line one to
indicate a C++ header.  Just to be annoying the C++ standard headers (as
distinct from the C++ versions of the C headers which is what I looked at
before) use -*- C++ -*- (extra spaces) and according to the Emacs manual
there is much which can go in between the -*- es so I think I might have to
look for C++ anywhere between the -*- es.  Or fall back to my original idea
of C++ anywhere on the line at the risk of comments which just happen to
contain C++ triggering the filetype.  Admittedly this risk is small as the
search is only performed on .h or no extension files. I will think about it
some more.

In the meantime since adding filetypes seems to be entwined in lots of areas
any suggestions of things I may have missed in terms of adding these
filetypes would be appreciated.