[Geany-devel] Vala file type & co

Colomban Wendling ban-ubuntu at xxxxx
Thu Nov 6 19:31:12 UTC 2008

Nick Treleaven a écrit :
> On Wed, 05 Nov 2008 22:44:33 +0100
> Colomban Wendling <ban-ubuntu at club-internet.fr> wrote:

>>> It should be quite easy for us to make these changes for the symbol
>>> list.
>>>

>> Cool :)
>>

> BTW I should have said updating the symbol list labels is easy, I'm not
> planning on working on c.c for those things.

I wasn't thinking you wanted to do that ;)
I would just say that the signals are not yet ready to be handled as
they are; and that for now properties tags are fields ones. But for this
last, the only thing to do is uncomment a line in c.c and remove the
current hack (there is a comment).
But perhaps having the right items in the right sections in the tag list
need more work?
> Yes, but I meant that testing is part of the development process for
> non-trivial software.

Sure, of course you're right. This is even the main reason why I posted
my WIP here in hope someone else found bugs ;)
>> PS:
>> I see the last commit message and it remember me to ask: what is the
>> indentation in c.c? 'Seems to be an heterogeneous mixing of
>> Tabs&Spaces of 4&8 and tabs of 4… Needs review?
>>

> Well, all newly written code should be tabs only, but because this code
> comes from CTags I think we allow spaces as well. Tabs should always be equivalent to 4 spaces though.

OK. I'll perhaps take a look at the indentation if I fond some time.

Regards,
Colomban